Sunday, November 25, 2007

Is your Blog Easy to Subscribe to? If Not it Could be Costing You.


Tonight I wanted to learn more about new media marketing so I went onto Google blog search and tried to find some blogs that would help me out. I found a couple right off the bat. I was on my way or so I thought.

I visited the first site. It was good, full of tips to help me increase visibility, up my search engine score and learn how to use word tracker. Great, just what I'm looking for. Now to find the RSS feed and move onto the next blog. What? no RSS feed? Are you kidding me? Really? A blog about increasing traffic, optimization and web marketing tips and no RSS feed?

It must be me... so I search again. Nope can't find it. Maybe it's here, maybe its not but it didn't matter to me because this blog had lost all credibility. How can you seriously be offering me tips on marketing my blog and not have a simple (and easy to find) RSS button? NEXT !!!

Selected number two. Good design, RSS tag right up top easy to find. Not quite what I was looking for but maybe future articles will prove useful. I subscribe using my Google reader.I continue the search. Same story for the next 5 sites. I subscribe to the easy to find RSS and dump the ones that make it difficult for me.

I just learned marketing lesson number one. Want people to subscribe to your blog? Make it easy for them.

Lesson two. Uh oh...Was MY site easy to subscribe to? No, not really.

So it looks like lesson number three is to learn how to fix that. Hopefully it won't be too big a deal. I'll let you know how it goes next time. See you then.

1 comment:

Bob Ostrom Studio said...

Thanks, I'll check it out... Learning something new everyday.