Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yep, I do Licensing...









When I first started freelancing I did a lot of licensing. I was afraid to do it at first. My first real job was for Parker Brothers. One day I was walking through Bradley's and saw a bunch of games in the toy section. I thought to myself I could probably do that. So I copied down the address on the side of the box and cold called the next day. Somehow the creative director took pity on me and arranged an interview with me.

I took a day off from my Ad job and drove up to Beverly Massachusetts. I had a portfolio full of cartoon type illustrations. I'm not sure how but it was enough to convince them I could handle the job. The first one I did was an original. It went over pretty well but then they asked me to do something for Disney's Little Mermaid. I tried to turn it down because I didn't feel I was ready but the creative director asked me to give it a shot. I managed to pull it off and the next thing I knew I was the Disney guy.

Shortly after that I found a rep in NY, NY who was ALL licensing. from there I did Rugrats, Ninja Turtles, Barenstain Bears, Cat in the Hat, Thornberry's... you name it I was working on it. Here are just few samples of the work I did.

No comments: